Thursday 19th September 2013 (Day 46)
Today I set the alarm to get up early and get my workout done before work….. then promptly reset it and went back to sleep after 40min of telling myself to get up, which left about 20min extra sleep before I actually had to get up for work…… grrooooaaaannnnnnn
I have no idea why I’m so determined to get back to training first thing in the morning before the sun comes up, the birds wake and the bats go to bed. I know there are many benefits like;
- It builds consistency
- You generally don’t have to wait for machines or weights
- It helps increase your metabolism
- You feel more energized for the day
- It increases self discipline
- It clears your mind for the day and increases focus
- Burns more fat as you have no “food energy” to burn before your fat stores
- It can help regulate your appetite
- Regulation of your circadian rhythms (click here for more info)
- Daily life is less likely to get in the way eg working back late
- You seriously have less excuses, or none !
- I’ve been told you sleep better as well…..
BUT, even with all these amazing benefits I think the main reason I want to train early mornings again is I just want to go back to the way I use to be. Bouncing out of bed, sipping a coffee on the way to the gym to pump out some tunes to an awesome workout then do an internal self high five for being awesome and cooking up a fantastic breakfast to fuel the rest of the day.
Geez it sounds awesome writing it like that !!!!
So, even though I’m finding anytime between 4am – 6am a ridiculous time to train I’m going to do it. I’m so bloody doggedly determined to get back into that early morning rhythm and feeling fantastic. Watch this space.
Quick update – 21 days of healthy habits going rather well. I had some wine Friday night, but it wasn’t excessive and within my rules. OK on date night I could have ordered something much better than chicken and chips (which was awesome) but believe me, although I enjoyed eating it I felt so very sick after and the next day I felt like I’d gained a good 15kg from that one meal so I’m not doing that again. I’m definitely finding being healthy so much easier without all my added pressure of being at certain weights, measurements, km’s etc in short time frames. I feel like this is turning into a lifestyle (which is what I want) instead of yet another transformation. More on my changes from transforming to transforming a lifestyle another day.
- Becoming A Morning Person – IT WORKS (flyingfitforever.com)